Welcome to the Ocean Beach California VW Bus report. This is the ongoing trip, maintenance, and upgrade log for our 1976 VW Camper. The intent is to track the progress of "Independence" and to meet other local VW enthusiasts.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Repairs: Starter

Well, Indy keeps getting new parts on her schedule. I got stuck at Taichi on Thursday night. The guesses were low battery (but jump starting didn't help), starter, or fuel pump (previously replaced.) We had her towed into Ocean Beach. Rich's Auto Repair reported that it was the starter and had Indy back up and running in time for a weekend camping trip to the desert Friday evening.

I cried when I was stranded. I smiled like it was my birthday when I picked her up. I think she brings us as much value as stress. She's now gone over 42K miles: we don't know if it is 142,000 or 242,000 and potentially 342,000. She is 30 afterall. I wonder how many other drivers have a little celebration every 100 miles when the odometer turns to the year the car was created. We do! Celebrate the Independence of '76!

No comments: