Welcome to the Ocean Beach California VW Bus report. This is the ongoing trip, maintenance, and upgrade log for our 1976 VW Camper. The intent is to track the progress of "Independence" and to meet other local VW enthusiasts.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Book: Into a Desert Place

Graham Machintosh walked 3000 miles around the coast of Baja California. The book describes his adventures. Driving a VW camper isn't the same as walking. But I feel a little bit like our upcoming adventure to Cabo has the same sense of awe and paralyzing fear. So the best thing to do is to start planning and gathering information.

Fortunately, I think the biggest fear I have is that I will like the trip so much I'll want to go again and for much longer.

For now, how about an interactive map of Baja

P.S. I realize I haven't actually mentioned the plan here. We are hoping to drive down highway 1 from San Diego to Cabo and back around Christmas this year. Interested in joining us? Have you previously done this -- and have advice to offer? Expect to hear a lot more about it.

No comments: